Swine it Podcast, Swine Academy and CerdoCast join forces in a global expansion project.
The history of these three companies begins in 2012, when veterinarian Márcio Gonçalves launched SuinoCast, the first podcast on the Brazilian pork industry. Then in 2018, while still in Brazil, he launched the Swine Academy e-learning platform. Dr Gonçalves then launched Swine Hunters, a pig talent recruiting company, in 2019. In 2020, Márcio founded Swine Impact, a social media management company, and the first SuínoTalks programs took place.
As the Swine Academy continued to progress, with the addition of partners Luiza Pommerehn and Jamil Faccin, the Swine it Podcast began in 2020 in the United States, led by Dr Gonçalves. And in its first year, Swine it launched SwineTalks – an event with the same format as the Portuguese language event. In the same year, CerdoCast, the corresponding Spanish language unit, led by its partner Leandro Del Tuffo, also had this podcast as an initial project.
These companies have always maintained the mission of disseminating knowledge about pig farming in an accessible way, each in its own language, with aligned projects and strategic objectives being the key themes of the creation of the joint venture.
In December 2021, the companies will be officially managed as a joint venture, which will adopt the singular name of pork and maintain a remote and asynchronous working format with more than 50 direct and indirect employees based in more than ten countries on four continents.
In addition to operational and cultural changes, companies have also adopted a new brand architecture, the result of extensive research and branding work, which better conveys the DNA of the joint venture and will also enable growth. order of the brand following the new operating model.
We spent the whole of 2021 adjusting teams, procedures and processes with a global strategy in mind. It has been a long and exhausting process for our entire team.
Marcio Gonçalves, CEO of Swine it
Thus, Swine it will become a leader in the dissemination of knowledge about the pig industry, reaching around 140,000 pork professionals worldwide, thereby affecting more than 9 million sows and 213 million pigs per year.
The three companies now include an extensive portfolio of services for pig students, professionals and businesses. For students and professionals, Swine it offers:
- Annual subscription: Subscription to 34 courses in several fields.
- MasterClass: An exclusive online course that provides content from top pork professionals in a format specially designed for study and networking.
- SwineTalks: Global online events in a TED discussion format scheduled for 2022.
- Elite Swine Nutritionist Program: An intensive animal nutrition program entirely focused on pigs suitable for everyone in the field: from producers to academics. This program is divided into seven modules which include over 160 courses, with presentations by several international experts and many advanced tools in the field of nutrition.
- Elite Swine Veterinarian: Similar to the nutrition program but with a focus on pig health.
In addition to all of the above, there is a free exchange of a lot of information through the Platform, Blog, Podcast, Mailing List, Social Media and Telegram and WhatsApp Groups.
For businesses, services have also been grouped together and globalized. They are:
- Courses: All the courses mentioned above have a corporate version, with personalized follow-up.
- Swine Impact: This is the first digital marketing company focused on the pork industry, combining technical expertise in pork production with cutting-edge digital marketing. Swine Impact provides technical content production services (technical ghostwriting), personalized podcasts, exclusive online events and paid social media ad management with a strong remarketing audience focused on the pork industry.
- Swine Hunters: A 100% field oriented talent recruitment company.
Swine it was born with the vision to “create a positive impact on the global pork industry” and a specific mission “to impact 300,000 pork professionals by the end of 2023”.