Exclusive Brands announces key successes in 2021;
Michigan’s First Adult Licensee Celebrates Second Recreation Anniversary with Success Report in 2021
Ann Arbor, MI, December 14, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – via NewMediaWire – Exclusive Brands, Michigan’s first vertically integrated cannabis company, comprised of state-of-the-art retail outlets, a processing and manufacturing facility and from licensed grow operations, as well as from the Michigan home. to a wide range of iconic cannabis brands, today announced highlights of its business growth in 2021 and recognition of Michigan’s second anniversary of retail sales of cannabis for legal use by adults. Despite an unprecedented year during the COVID-19 pandemic, Exclusive has seen sales increase 12% year-over-year and sales of over $ 200 million are expected to end in 2021. Exclusive a also opened its new headquarters in Livonia, Michigan, as well as two new retail locations in the state – expanding its retail store portfolio to four locations. Exclusive also continued its commitment to create jobs in local communities, increasing its workforce by almost 100%; the Company plans to double its current workforce by the end of 2022.
âOur rapid growth in the state of Michigan reflects Exclusive’s commitment to increasing access to safe and legal cannabis in our community,â said Narmin Jarrous, Director of Development, Exclusive Brands. âBeing at the forefront of one of the largest cannabis markets in the Midwest, we have decided that 2021 is the right year for us to execute our growth strategy to best meet consumer demand and patients for our award-winning line of cannabis brands. “
2021 has been a successful year not only for the Exclusive Brands organization, but also for the team’s social equity efforts in the community. This recap highlights various Exclusive social equity business initiatives, developments and success stories throughout the year that position the company for success and future growth in 2022.
Highlights of operations for 2021 included:
- Exclusive Brands opened its outlet in Grand Rapids in February to further expand access to renowned cannabis products from brands such as Kushy Punch, Strain Kings, Platinum Vapes, Terpene Tanks, Church Cannabis Co., Concentrate Kings and Heavyweight Heads.
- The company opened its fourth retail store serving medical cannabis patients in Muskegon, expanding its retail portfolio to four storefronts in Michigan
- Exclusive Brands established new headquarters in Livonia, Michigan to support their statewide growth initiatives
- Exclusive Brands has partnered with the Black and Brown Cannabis Guild to host the largest erasure resource fair in all of Michigan during National Erasure Week
- This summer, Exclusive’s Heavyweight Heads original strain “Orangutan” won first place for best sativa flower rec at the High Times’ Cannabis Cup.
- The company has launched its new cannabis and cannabidiol (CBD) brand, Neno’s Naturals, created by its own director of development, Narmin Jarrous
- Exclusive’s Kushy Punch brand won Best Edible Product for the 2nd year in a row in the Detroit Metro Times’ Best of Detroit 2021.
Highlights from the press for 2021 included:
- Grand Rapids Business Journal “Michigan’s First Recreational Cannabis Company Opens Location in Grand Rapids”
- Fox 17 “GR Pizzeria owner turns to legal pot for next business venture”
- Forbes “Cannabis industry movers and shakers reflect on ‘essential’ year this 4/20”
- NBC News “House Reintroduces Bill to Decriminalize Cannabis and Create Social Equity Programs”
- ABC 13 “Study: Michigan’s Cannabis Industry Is Worth $ 3.2 Billion, Much Of It Still ‘Illicit'”
- Green entrepreneur “How to protect yourself from the oversaturation of the market”
- Associated Press “Exclusive Brands opens new headquarters in Livonia, Michigan to support statewide growth initiatives”
- MJBiz Daily “Marijuana Executives See More Sales Gains As COVID-19 Lockdowns Loosen”
- Fox 17 “In this Muskegon County township, recreational marijuana is on the ballot”
- Benzinga “Exclusive Brands launches the exclusive product Neno’s Naturals to expand its portfolio of renowned products”
- MiBiz “Barriers and Opportunities Persist in the Growing Michigan Cannabis Market”
- Detroit Metro Times “25-Year-Old Michigan Woman Launches Cannabis Brand After Suffering From Chronic Pain”
- Grand Rapids Business Journal “Two Years Later, Retail Cannabis Growth Explodes”
By 2022, Exclusive Brands plans to expand to five more stores, create additional employment opportunities for Michigan residents, and help with local cannabis education and other community investments.
Narmin Jarrous also said, âWe are incredibly grateful for another successful year here at Exclusive, and continue to work hard to increase access to safe and legal cannabis for patients and consumers in our communities. It’s also important to note that people of color who have been disproportionately affected by the War on Drugs are still in jail for a plant that is now widely legal in most states of the United States. Our work for social equity in our community is not finished.
For more information on exclusive brands, company developments and the ever-growing portfolio of brands that Exclusive works with, visit https://exclusivebrands.com/. Follow Exclusive Brands on Instagram at @exclusivebrandsmi.
About exclusive brands
Exclusive Brands is Michigan’s first vertically integrated cannabis company with a flagship outlet in Ann Arbor, the state’s leading recreational marijuana retailer. Exclusive places the highest importance on top quality genetics and efficient cultivation techniques to provide Michigan with the highest quality cannabis products. Exclusive growers care for and manicure cannabis to the highest standards in the market. Some of the fresh flower is processed by extractor artists in Exclusive Brands’ state-of-the-art lab for Terp Sugars, Gravy, Shatter, Budder, Batter, RSO and Premium Distillate. Exclusive Brands is committed to providing high quality, accessible cannabis and is guided by excellence.